Do I need an integrated headset for this?

TorqueSport

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

After a bit of advice regarding headset.

I am after a headset for the following frame (see below).

It looks like it needs a integrated headset but I am not sure exactly.
The last time I fitted a headset these things didn't exist.

What happens to the cups already in the frame?

Thanks

integrated-headset.png

Re:

Thanks Timoth27,

I have not got the dimensions as I have not purchased yet, but will try to find out.

Here is a another picture, doesn't look tapered to me.
looks integrated according to that Hope guide.

In a typical integrated set up, does the integrated headset interface with those internal cups mounted in the frame already?

frame.png

Re:

Yeah I’d agree it’s not tapered and it looks like it’s intergral (2/b) which means you will need to knock out the old cups and install the new ones that come with the new headset. It’s tricky just from a pic as it could be a integrated which is slightly different size. What’s the brand/ model? I don’t recognise it?

Re:

Interesting, I can find a couple of images but no info. Looking at the hope info again it looks like the intergrated doesn’t actually use a race in the frame so pretty sure it’s an integral (sometime referred to as semi intergrated) headset.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mdvineng":wyf3678v said:
at the age that frames from, I wouldn't be surprised if the black bits are just the remnants from a cheap headset race seat.
a bit like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETC-Semi-Int ... :rk:8:pf:0

Thanks yep that would make sense, so I'd have to remove those before doing anything.

Have you seen this frame before, can't find any information on the net, can't work out if its any good?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
TorqueSport":1419vqdx said:
mdvineng":1419vqdx said:
at the age that frames from, I wouldn't be surprised if the black bits are just the remnants from a cheap headset race seat.
a bit like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETC-Semi-Int ... :rk:8:pf:0

Thanks yep that would make sense, so I'd have to remove those before doing anything.

Have you seen this frame before, can't find any information on the net, can't work out if its any good?

no idea where or what the frame is to be honest, looks more like a badge engineered generic item to me. it could be a nice frame or not, onlky riding it will tell but that type of headset isn't used on high end stuff.

mdvineng":3amopbur said:
only riding it will tell but that type of headset isn't used on high end stuff.
I have them on some high end frames, aluminium and carbon.

Might be worth weighing the frame to get an idea of what it's made out of, i.e. butted high grade aluminium or basic plain gauge.

Back