Pashley 26mhz info

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I think I've just bought one, collecting tomorrow.

It's blue, 853/725 Reynolds tubing, mission cranks, world force bars and stem, magura hs33 brakes etc.

I was thinking about turning it into a small mtb for my eldest, but as it was originally a trials bike, not sure what I can get away with build wise.

Anyone using one/converted to an mtb?

What are they like weight wise, and what is 853/725 tubing?

I'm aware it's a 4 bolt magura mounting system for the brakes, but aside from that, will there be other limitations for an mtb conversion?

I'm assuming it's a 26 inch wheel frame, can I get away with suspension forks?

I'm sure other questions will present themselves, the main one might be removing a stuck seat post.

Aside from that, it looks to be in great shape.

I've searched for info on mission cranks and come up empty, anyone know about them?

Cheers all.

Re:

There was one of those on ebay just this last week that I nearly bought...

They were used as trials bikes and jump bikes back in the day, so there shouldn't be any problem with a mountain bike set up providing there's a mech hanger. Even if there's not, you may be able to fit one of the horizontal drop out type hangers can get.

As for forks, a friend of mine ran one with Z1 bombers so not a problem. I think they are all 26" frames, although some fitted 24" wheels as smaller wheels were the thing back then!

Re:

Cheers,that's useful info. Mine must be an early one as it's not the 4 bolt magura version, but standard v bosses. Unless of course I don't have a 26mhz but something else. Definitely a pashley though, and 853/725 tubing.

26mhz came right before trials geometries radically departed from normal MTBs so you should be fine. One issue could be width of rear brake mounts. Some trials bikes had been made specifically for very wide rims 39-49mm. I used to have Monty and you couldnt put normal sized rims on it because maguras wouldnt reach in enough.. But there is a chance that Pashley played it safe and rear end was normal aswell.

Re:

Not 100% sure its an mhz, just know its a pashley 853 tubed frame. I read they came with 4 bolt magura mounts, mine has standard mounts, and normal mavic rims.

A couple of hastily taken pics attached. Be nice to confirm what it is.

Attachments

• PSX_20181127_231117.jpg
    PSX_20181127_231117.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 779
  • PSX_20181127_231137.jpg
    PSX_20181127_231137.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 779
  • PSX_20181127_231158.jpg
    PSX_20181127_231158.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 779
if you take a picture of the whole bike i could tell, the downtubes triangular has brake mounts like v brakes have not 4 bolt and skinny rear triangle

Re:

I didn’t think any Pashley frames came with four bolt Magura mounts! Are you sure they are 4 bolt mounts not just v bosses with the evo type Magura adaptors.

Fitting suspension forks may throw the geometry out they are probably meant for forks with an a-c of about 395mm

Kyle

Back