Current Gen Magura HS33

Marinben

Dirt Disciple
I keep looking at these as replacements for my XT V-brakes. I can't use discs on my Mount Vision as there's no disc tab. What are the HS33's like compared to V's?

Put simply, better in every way:
* More power
* Much finer modulation
* Fit once and forget - pads are a snap-fit, no more adjustments apart from a twiddle of the adjuster on the lever as pads wear.
* None of that nasty screeching that parallel-push Vs are so prone to.

Re:

HS33s will be a bit heavier than a v-brake set up, but for performance Hamster is right, HS33s are way better. Probably the most powerful rim brakes you can get. Wonderful feel at the lever, far less lever pressure required under hard braking, super reliable, very high quality.
If i remember correctly they come in 2 finger and 3 finger (longer lever) versions. For an MTB with trigger shifters i’d go for the 2 finger levers. If you have gripshift or want to do serious touring with full heavy panniers then maybe the 3 finger levers just for hand comfort.
HS33 are the best rim brake i ever fitted.

Re: Re:

RadNomad":218dzsxt said:
HS33s will be a bit heavier than a v-brake set up, but for performance Hamster is right, HS33s are way better. Probably the most powerful rim brakes you can get. Wonderful feel at the lever, far less lever pressure required under hard braking, super reliable, very high quality.
If i remember correctly they come in 2 finger and 3 finger (longer lever) versions. For an MTB with trigger shifters i’d go for the 2 finger levers. If you have gripshift or want to do serious touring with full heavy panniers then maybe the 3 finger levers just for hand comfort.

Amen

agree will all above at how good these brakes are. Except if as i found out that any changes to cable length means more work with oil/bleed etc and cleaning the carpet as that oil gets every where. Cable V just cut the cable done.

Before cutting, back off the adjusters. Always tape the tube to a piece of wood before cutting, then it doesn't spring and flick oil everywhere.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":14kn67pm said:
RadNomad":14kn67pm said:

Amen

Testify!!

Latest posts

Back