DMR Trailstar 1997/8 differences to TS2

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Geometry differences? General differences? What were the differences and which rides best.

So I'm sat here with a Trailstar 1998 built up, a Trailstar 2 frame, a Sidekick based Omen, and a 16" Switchback.
Yeah I know! :LOL: I'd presumed that there was no difference but possibly the TS2 is a fraction longer I can't tell. Still not longer enough to fully cater for my 6ft 2 self but only need an urban type bike most likely with a rigid DMR fork, not a proper MTB. That said I really should sell most if not all of them. Though I have got a nagging feeling I will really like the TS2.
The 1998 has not totally wowed me like my Rhythm did so thinking one little try of the TS2 with a longer than 50mm stem this time.

Where's the gurus? :cool: :D

Pretty sure the ts1 and 2 are the same. I know the rear end on a vertical drop out is shorter than a horizontal but my mk1 and late mk2 are identical. They did the LT version, that might be longer. But I’d say look at the switchback I had an 18” one that was great

If i remember correctly, the gusset under the downtube to the headtube is bigger on the mk2. I cracked my Mk1 at the gusset to the headtube, and they replaced the frame with the Mk2 which had the bigger gusset which i presumed was a problem they found?

If i remember correctly, the gusset under the downtube to the headtube is bigger on the mk2. I cracked my Mk1 at the gusset to the headtube, and they replaced the frame with the Mk2 which had the bigger gusset which i presumed was a problem they found?
I thought it was only the LT that had the bigger gusset. But I think you might be right. Didn’t they do the mk2 is a root beer colour ?

I thought it was only the LT that had the bigger gusset. But I think you might be right. Didn’t they do the mk2 is a root beer colour ?
the LT had the massive one, but the Mk2 was a slight improvement on the Mk1. they also did the chrome colours in the Mk2, I had the Black chrome. annoyingly though it used to chip easily and never painted well due to the coating. was difficult to get off too, even sand blasting didnt remove all of it.

Back