Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

Anyone know what these two items are?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=389257

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Anyone know what these two items are?

First, I get that it guides the cable but is it branded? And what would you call it? :)
Attachment:
D0A74BD8-3E24-4EA3-9661-1DD7FD78110F.jpeg
D0A74BD8-3E24-4EA3-9661-1DD7FD78110F.jpeg [ 59.56 KiB | Viewed 371 times ]

Attachment:
B80471A8-A606-405E-80E3-FC2593EAE18E.jpeg
B80471A8-A606-405E-80E3-FC2593EAE18E.jpeg [ 82.28 KiB | Viewed 371 times ]

Second, I know it’s a pulley but any ideas who makes it and what it’s called? I couldn’t find any at all on eBay...
Attachment:
AE73E082-CBA8-4136-9BE8-8E8399BA6599.jpeg
AE73E082-CBA8-4136-9BE8-8E8399BA6599.jpeg [ 71.06 KiB | Viewed 371 times ]

Author:  jimo746 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

I think the first one is known as a "Dog Collar" ?
Usually found on some Kona frames, or any frame without a rear brake cable stop really.
Not sure if that one is original or aftermarket though? No doubt someone else on here will know. Edit: I recognise that emblem, possibly after market... nope... that's the Kona one :)

The second one i think is just a front mech pulley with band-on clamp.
You see those clamps used for mechs, adding extra water bottles, cable guides etc.
The blue anodized pulley is nice, but I've no idea if it's any particular brand, or just generic far eastern made.

Author:  kermitgreenkona88 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Top on is a Kona Dog Collar

The 2nd one is a DMR Mechverter or similar

Author:  The History Man [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1739929081

Author:  kermitgreenkona88 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

The History Man wrote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231739929081


No!

Author:  jimo746 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
The History Man wrote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231739929081


No!


Affirmative!

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

jimo746 wrote:
I think the first one is known as a "Dog Collar" ?
Usually found on some Kona frames, or any frame without a rear brake cable stop really.
Not sure if that one is original or aftermarket though? No doubt someone else on here will know. Edit: I recognise that emblem, possibly after market... nope... that's the Kona one :)

The second one i think is just a front mech pulley with band-on clamp.
You see those clamps used for mechs, adding extra water bottles, cable guides etc.
The blue anodized pulley is nice, but I've no idea if it's any particular brand, or just generic far eastern made.

Thanks!
Yeah the reason I ask is because this bike was bejewelled with expensive gear so I hope it’s fancy :)

Author:  jimo746 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

Tricky1977 wrote:
Yeah the reason I ask is because this bike was bejewelled with expensive gear so I hope it’s fancy :)


Let's see the rest of the jewels then :wink:

Author:  The History Man [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

jimo746 wrote:
kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
The History Man wrote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231739929081


No!


Affirmative!

He asked what it was called not how good it was. :P

Author:  mkone [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

Yes, its a Kona K-Nine dog collar.

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
Top on is a Kona Dog Collar

The 2nd one is a DMR Mechverter or similar


The bike (Kona) was all XTR, Chris King and DMR so hopefully it’s a DMR
I sold the Profile BMX stem alone for half what I paid for the bike

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

Yay Kona K9
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3129776510

Thanks Kermit and Jimo

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
Top on is a Kona Dog Collar

The 2nd one is a DMR Mechverter or similar


Indeed it is thanks!
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... -prod21878

Author:  kermitgreenkona88 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Could be interested in the XTR front mech and the Mechverter if you are splitting ?

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

Well that’s my conundrum, I have a nice XT bottom pull doing nothing but I do love the finish of the XTR... so I guess it depends how much it helps me towards my 1x11 project ;)
Feel free to PM or do I have to advertise in the interests of fairness?

Author:  mkone [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

Tricky1977 wrote:
Yay Kona K9



:lol: like i said earlier...

Attachments:
P1010870 (Medium).JPG
P1010870 (Medium).JPG [ 120.25 KiB | Viewed 128 times ]

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

So you did thanks MK1 :)

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
Could be interested in the XTR front mech and the Mechverter if you are splitting ?


Yeah I’m gonna split since I’ve got loads of spare XT to go on this build and it’s a donkey of a bike anyway ;)

I’ll clean it and list it at the weekend but looks like M950 front and rear plus the “DMR” thingy

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

Sold!
(The DMR Mechverter) and the front derailleur

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/