Hybrid bike recomendations budget £600

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I know its Retrobike and hybrid bikes are the devils spawn, but....

I am looking for a Hybrid bike for my son to use, and one that I can also use as we are the same height.

I am looking for an Aluminium Frame, but without carbon forks, 700c tyres, mtb gearing, Hydraulic Brakes, straight bars, a comfy but a bike that's can be used for some commuting and nothing too fragile.

Shortlist so far is Giant Escape 2 disc, Trek FX 2 disc and Specialized Sirrus, all pretty similar spec.

Anyone have another recommendations ??

What about one of them cannondales bad boy ?,

with the rigid lefty. I like the look of that myself, and the price seems to revolve around the one frame/fork, only with higher end components.

Find a frame/fork and hang on it what you like. Or buy th lower and use/sell recoup against some of those bits. Always a good way of gaining something for a bit less.

dyna-ti":66eeq2wl said:
What about one of them cannondales bad boy ?,

with the rigid lefty. I like the look of that myself, and the price seems to revolve around the one frame/fork, only with higher end components.

Find a frame/fork and hang on it what you like. Or buy th lower and use/sell recoup against some of those bits. Always a good way of gaining something for a bit less.

I'll check them out :cool:

Re:

My brother recently bought a Boardman Hybrid Comp, like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boardman-Hyb ... SwtAtbkmVe

The Comp has an aluminium frame and forks and cable discs, but I think there are other models with hydraulic brakes. The finish of the frame is nice, the welds are smoothed to the extent it almost looks like carbon frame. It came with 700 x 28c tyres fitted, but they were replaced with some 700 x 38c and I reckon there's room for 700 x 40, maybe 42.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

xerxes":1wsn6f9s said:
My brother recently bought a Boardman Hybrid Comp, like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boardman-Hyb ... SwtAtbkmVe

The Comp has an aluminium frame and forks and cable discs, but I think there are other models with hydraulic brakes. The finish of the frame is nice, the welds are smoothed to the extent it almost looks like carbon frame. It came with 700 x 28c tyres fitted, but they were replaced with some 700 x 38c and I reckon there's room for 700 x 40, maybe 42.

That looks like the sort of thing I am looking for, did not think of Boardman Bikes :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back