Cannondale F600 Headshok headfart!!

Micky Blue

Retro Newbie
Hey there. I really hope you can help me...
Being a massive fan of Cannondales, having owned 3, I went out on a limb and went a bit retro, with the plan to rebuild an old bike, with newer parts.
I took the plunge and bought a 2007 Cannondale F600 Furio with a super fatty ultra DLR fork (identified from my own research). It was advertised as having the faulty headshok that didn’t lockout. Since it was my first headshok, I thought I’d have a blast.
How naive was I?!?!
Anyhow, I got it home and.......

Re:

I gather it’s had the Magura upgraded damper installed, and it’s obviously fubar’d. I just wondering what my options were and whether or not this would repair the bleeding thing
https://www.cannondalespares.com/Cannon ... il/3-40508
I’ll take this opportunity to thank you all for reading, I know it sounds like a mission for my first post, but if I can help it, I don’t want to give up on the fatty.
Thanks again.

Re:

I Have rebuilt a few headshoks and lefties. The only thing I would be wary of is making sure you can get your hands on all the other parts before you spend any more money on the fork. To use that damper I suspect you will need the air cylinder and piston. I have not looked at a drawing of that fork but the part you are looking at is only the oil damper and I am not sure if it will use the same air cylinder.

I have been looking for parts to covert one of my lefties to a PBR and I can only find half the bits I need and that’s with using the American sites as well. It can be quite frustrating.

Try and get the parts diagram and research all the bits you need. Are the needle bearings relatively smooth?

If anyone needs bearings I have got about 20 sets of bearings and inner races all different sizes!!!!

Back