Looking for a GoPro type camera

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Haven't got lots to spend. But i fancy a type of camera i can record while i'm riding off road. Suppose fixed to my head or chest ? Gopro look to expensive? Any others people can recommend?
Thanks

Re:

I've interested in opinions on any go pro alternatives as can't stretch/justify the cost of one based on the amount of use it will see.

Re:

Ive had two versions of GOPro and sold both from lack of use and it not being worth owning one for the cash invested.

Then won a prize via work of a Kaiser Baas x100 which is a cheap GoPro and it’s actually really good. Worth a look for sure.

Re: Re:

d8mok":3ki7300l said:
Ive had two versions of GOPro and sold both from lack of use and it not being worth owning one for the cash invested.

Then won a prize via work of a Kaiser Baas x100 which is a cheap GoPro and it’s actually really good. Worth a look for sure.

Certainly like the look and price of this brand The X150 wasn't much more ££ at 87 on Amazon.
Thanks

Re:

I got my son a SJCAM SJ4000 about 18 months ago. Was getting lots of good reviews at the time as the best budget GoPro alternative. Such that you had to be careful when buying one that you don't get a knock off version.
That's still available but there newer models too now which may be worth a look at.

Kerplunk":3i4coeq2 said:
I got my son a SJCAM SJ4000 about 18 months ago. Was getting lots of good reviews at the time as the best budget GoPro alternative. Such that you had to be careful when buying one that you don't get a knock off version.
That's still available but there newer models too now which may be worth a look at.

Like the look of that one. Comes in choice of colours too Like yellow

Kerplunk":22kkm689 said:
I bought what I thought was a genuine SJ4000,I googled set up tips and I was glad I did as it turns out mine was a fake,it didnt have the makers brand on the front and the screws were the smaller silver ones.I got my money back but if I hadnt googled it I wouldve been blissfully unaware.
https://pevly.com/sjcam-sj-scam-differe ... ke-camera/

worrying. I hope buying from the maker web site will get me 100% version. Will check. helpful web site

Re:

The easiest way to identify is the big SJCAM script on the front on the genuine ones.My fake one didnt have this,was a bit flimsy,didnt have a charger cable and the 3 or so page "manual" looked like it was written by an infant so caveat emptor lads and pay only with paypal.

Back