2000 junior t help

Timoth27

Senior Retro Guru
Right guys been lurking on here for ages but this i my first question so please be gentle.

Recently bought some y2k junior t’s (20mm axle) off eBay which are in great nic, fitted them but when I put the wheel in (big un) the wheel spacing is wrong it measures 110mm which corresponds with the service guide I have found but can’t find any info on the spacing or what hub might fit. Any body got any ideas??

Thanks

Tim

The fork is too wide for the hub or vice versa?

I’d never heard of a non 100mm oln front hub/fork in mtbing until boost came along.

mechanicalvandal":2va3kvmq said:
The fork is too wide for the hub or vice versa?

I’d never heard of a non 100mm oln front hub/fork in mtbing until boost came along.

Neither had I but according to this manual for the 2000 junior t.

Also a couple of responses to the same question over on Stw have said that 20mm standard is 110 but I have not had chance measure any of my other forks/hubs yet

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1oivoz15 said:
Qr20 different to standard 20mm bolt thru?

There was another post on here just the other day about that

I’ve tried to search rick but am comming up short on another post about this?

I’m also struggling to find any in do on weather 20mm bolt through and qr20 are different. I should be able to check my other forks today which are bolt through to see but I am expecting them to be 100mm

Re: Re:

Timoth27":204z174j said:
I’ve tried to search rick but am comming up short on another post about this?

I’m also struggling to find any in do on weather 20mm bolt through and qr20 are different. I should be able to check my other forks today which are bolt through to see but I am expecting them to be 100mm

Your post here where you say that QR20 and bolt-thru are different: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=385525

"I’ve bought a y2k marzocchi bomber junior t fork not realising that qr20 is not the same 20 bolt through"

Re:

Well that’s embarrassing. I really must stop and think before posting stuff.

So hope have confirmed all 20mm axles are 110mm. I had sort of figured this as I managed to measure my other forks/hubs today. The reason my big un doesn’t fit is I have clearly mixed up the spacers because it measures 105mm.

Thanks for the input folks. Bottom line is I’m an impatient muppet. But I did learn that 20mm axles are all 110mm.

Bit of an old thread, but for future reference, as long as you've got the QR20 axle, you can use any 20x110mm hub in these forks.

Back