XTR m970 shifters and Hope mounts

TheBear1978

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Morning folks,

Having some difficulty in determining which XTR m970 shifters and Hope matchmaker mounts I need as some websites say one type and others say different.

Looking to buy XTR m970 shifters and compatible matchmaker type mounts to run Hope mono-mini disc-brakes, can anyone tell me the correct model of shifters and mounts I require plewse, cheers :D

Re: Re:

Timoth27":15qbtt06 said:
Unless I’m thinking of the wrong thing I don’t think you will find shifter mounts for your levers, as far as I can see you hope only do them for the race, tech and tech 3 levers

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uplo ... ssue2a.pdf

Happy to be proven wrong as I have a couple of sets of these levers I’d like to use.

Thanks

Tim

Strange, found this link and says that these adapters are compatible with Hope Mono Mini ?

https://r2-bike.com/HOPE-Matchmaker-Rac ... ifter-Pair

They are the same ones pictured on that link you posted up....will prob have to confirm with Hope directly unless anyone here can confirm either way ?

Thanks,

Struan

Re:

Yeah clearly says mono so be really interested in what hope say ( they have been really helpful when I have emailed or spoken to them in the past) please let us know how you get on as i would order a set if they work. Although they are quite expensive.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":1928z8jg said:
Yeah clearly says mono so be really interested in what hope say ( they have been really helpful when I have emailed or spoken to them in the past) please let us know how you get on as i would order a set if they work. Although they are quite expensive.

Will do, I wouldn't say £30 for a pair of CNC-mounts is too bad though :D

Re:

Yeah that was me being a bit dense, I bought a tech 1 recently which was only £15 but of course that was just 1 so like you said not bad really.

The HBSP264’s definitely work. I used to have XTR 970 shifters mated to some Hope Mono Mini Pro levers.

Re:

I have done this mod ! using the M780 -spec conversion kit for the shifters and mating the HBSP 264 clamps.....the clamp holes lighn up perfectly and while there is a noticible difference in clamp area (at the front....) it really doesnt make a difference (to me at least) and DOES tidy the bars up a treat !

Attachments

• Matchmaker1.jpg
    Matchmaker1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 545
  • matchmaker2.jpg
    matchmaker2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 545
  • matchmaker3.jpg
    matchmaker3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 545
  • matchmaker4.jpg
    matchmaker4.jpg