Where to buy spokes?

firedfromthecircus

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
I've been around the houses buying spokes for previous wheel builds, but I'm struggling this time. So where is the best place to buy some spokes? Only after DT Swiss Competition db in silver. It shouldn't be this hard (or expensive!). :?

firedfromthecircus":mberki8y said:
I've been around the houses buying spokes for previous wheel builds, but I'm struggling this time. So where is the best place to buy some spokes? Only after DT Swiss Competition db in silver. It shouldn't be this hard (or expensive!). :?

Following with interest, as I’ve pondered this same subject

i get Sapim race from the cycle clinic. They're just as good, and imho the nipples are better.

Re:

I've bought mine from the cycle clinic. Very helpful with sizing and have a good selection at good prices last time I needed any.

mechanicalvandal":3ce550dq said:
https://www.cyclebasket.com/m9b0s454p0/Components_/Spokes_-_Stainless_Steel_Double_Butted_-_Silver_

cce":3ce550dq said:
i get Sapim race from the cycle clinic. They're just as good, and imho the nipples are better.

Couple of nice options there thanks. What size are the standard Sapim nipples? 12mm or 14mm?

Any other suggestions? ;)

Bike24.de, bike-discount.de, Rosebikes.de

All have (massive) ranges in models and sizes.
Pretty sure some models they stock every size.
Very very rarely found cheaper anywhere in the UK (or Sweden) unless i've managed to get a sizeable discount.

TBH, even with shipping costs they are quite often cheaper than the free shippers for a set of spokes!

Re:

I've always found spa cycles very good for sapim race spokes - although not very quick at getting dispatched

Back