How s*#t are RockShox PushLoc levers?

SouthCoastRetro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sorry to rant but I have to, Ive recently embarked on a mission to further my maintenance know-how by extending the travel of my forks and performing a service, albeit a simple basic service.
Now my forks work nicely with an extra bit of travel but the only thing that has let me down is the crappy RockShox PushLoc remote that locks out my forks, which has blatantly refused to work as it should.
Silly question I bet,, but has anyone else suffered at the hands of these monstrosities? I’m very much toying with replacing it with the manual lockout knob but I do enjoy the versatility of having the bar-mounted remote.
I guess it’s the price you pay for going modern(ish!).

Re:

I've never had a problem with the lever as long as it is set up properly. You need to ensure it pulls enough cable, so when you put the dial on the damper, it has to be far enough round.

Other issue is, if there's not enough oil, it won't work.

The floodgate adjuster might need, er adjusting as it affects the lockout function. Too little and you'll never get lockout really.

Re:

Not got floodgate on mine (2013 REBA RL), have checked the mechanism and it returns fine but soon as lever is connected it won’t work, it’s the lever that’s at fault, only problem is that CRC only have right hand versions on sale at the mo. Thanks again for your advice on rebuild btw, it’s made me a lot more confident to tackle the black art of fork maintenance.

Re:

If the lever is all black, the one where you push down on a plastic thumb shaped lever, then they aren't the best. I have a broken one in a box, the plastic bit that catches the ratchet broke off. I was thinking of using it as a dropper post lever as it doesn't stay down.

Re:

There are 3 main versions available that will work on your Reba forks – see below:

As Ian has indicated, the plastic versions are not that great, but I have used both versions for years with no problem.

The last version has a momentary switch action – push on the lever to lock, and push on it again to unlock. These are better quality.

Which version have you got that is giving you grief?

Rockshox-Poplock by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Rockshox Poploc Compression by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Rockshox Pusloc by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re:

Never bothered with one as it's so easy just to reach down and twiddle lockout on fork , also with 2 brake levers , 2 shifters and a dropper lever there ain't enough room on the bars , oh such modern problems .

Re: Re:

Matthews":14cnav9r said:
Never bothered with one as it's so easy just to reach down and twiddle lockout on fork , also with 2 brake levers , 2 shifters and a dropper lever there ain't enough room on the bars , oh such modern problems .

Don’t you know ‘everyone’ is running 1x drivetrains now cause according to the cycling media they’re so much better so to have a front shifter you’re breaking the law. :)

Kyle

Re:

I’ve still got a front shifter, but I’m the Antichrist donut doesn’t apply.
I’m gonna muddle through with my crap lever for now but prob convert it to a manual lockout as it’s much tidier and more user friendly. Plus there aren’t any others for sale right now!

Back