Suspension corrected disk forks

olly1987

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,
I'm currently building up a 26" wheel 16" Sanderson breath frame and i'm wanting rigid forks. Will i be needing at least 440mm crown to axle? - as the geometry calls for a 100mm fork as far as i can establish. There doesn't seem to be very many options at all from what i can find. I was eager to get some kona P2's, did they make them in a suitable size?

Any advice i can glean from you guys would be very greatly appreciated.

Regards, Olly

Re: Suspension corrected steel disk forks

It depends on whether you're bothered about staying retro, I guess. Surly (for example) make decent variety of steel rigid forks with disc tabs, in a variety of axle to crown lengths.

Plenty of forks around that size around. Surly, Kona, Salsa, Pace, Orange...

Re:

No this wont be a retro build, just something to get me out again :LOL: . i was just concerned about changing the position too much, and of course i want it to be somewhat aesthetically pleasing.

Quite a few as mentioned above, On one forks and Exotic carbon are a couple more.

Re:

I would steer clear of Exotic forks though, as they have a reputation for poor quality control and refusing warranty claims if you have done any kind of riding on them.

Re:

Yea I've seen the exotic ones I wouldn't trust them as far as a toothless beggar can spit. I only really want to stick with better known brands but outside of the ones mentioned I'm not finding much. There doesn't seem to be a big market for 26" wheels these days.

https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCR26DO ... -disc-only
£50
Job jobbed!
FOOOCR26DO_P1.JPG

Re:

Just picked up a set of those On One rigid forks in 440mm a-c. Only paid £20 for a like new but used set and only about £50 new I believe.

Re:

Remind me of the old Planet-X ones, anybody have any experience with salsa cromotos or any of the surly's?

Back