Hope rear hub help onto Cannondale Volvo

OldRacer

Devout Dirtbag
Just bought a set of wheels, Mavic and Hope.

Please tell me what I'm missing! Or tell me what I need?

Ive not come across this issue before and the part I'm holding in my hand is a spacer of sorts but I can't believe its a Hope part :shock:

Cheers in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 781
Re:

Not seen one myself but it looks like it could be the spacer needed for a torsion arm that connects from the hub axle to the v brake boss, allowing you to run a disc brake on a non disc frame.

The part in my hand is what is being used as a spacer to bridge that gap. The second pic shows it in place (slides over the top of the outer most part of the hub) and is then held in place by the skewer. I can't believe that this is meant to be like this? To actually make it fit correctly I will need to cut off the threads!

cce":2f3cpigi said:
I think it's meant to be used with a brake adapter like the one in this thread - this is what ishaw is describing

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=204196&start=10

That looks spot on - even down to the knurled nut for the quick release I can see in that pic.

So....what do I need to be able to change that to fit to my Dale? Seeing that it already has disc mounts etc.

you'd probably need to swap the axle/end cap for one that's the "standard" length - the torsion arm hubs had a shorter axle

unfortunately I don't know exactly which parts need to change

cce":1o306p9t said:
you'd probably need to swap the axle/end cap for one that's the "standard" length - the torsion arm hubs had a shorter axle

unfortunately I don't know exactly which parts need to change

Cheers for your help with this - Yes, I think changing the axle will do it like you say. I'm not that 'in' with the hope stuff so don't know exactly what I need to buy/where to get it. Think I quick email to hope may do the trick.

Re:

It is a genuine Hope part, from the old C2 type universal rear before all bikes had rear disc mounts. The part you have held an extended caliper with a shortened axle & a torque arm to the cantilever boss. You fitted shims between that bolt & the caliper to fine tune the disc centrally between the pads.
If your frame has disc mounts it's not needed but you'll need a longer (normal) axle & spacer.
Pm me if your stuck I might have a couple of ti glide axles although not sure if they are the same as XC's

Re: Re:

fettler":92ftmikf said:
It is a genuine Hope part, from the old C2 type universal rear before all bikes had rear disc mounts. The part you have held an extended caliper with a shortened axle & a torque arm to the cantilever boss. You fitted shims between that bolt & the caliper to fine tune the disc centrally between the pads.
If your frame has disc mounts it's not needed but you'll need a longer (normal) axle & spacer.
Pm me if your stuck I might have a couple of ti glide axles although not sure if they are the same as XC's

Really appreciate that. Ill give you a shout tomorrow once Hope get back to me. If the Ti Glide axles work then ill go for that.

Back