Fork identification?

bobbydigital

Retro Newbie
These are some rockshox forks, no idea on the actual model, maybe you can help?

100mm
gold sanctions
air on one side
QR
I.S mount
disc only
1 1/8" steerer

I cannot find any serial numbers on them, underneath it just says 08.
Mechanically they seem sound but I'd like to do an oil change and respray them, removing the lowers from the scantions, want to try and find the model so I know how much oil I need plus if I damage any seals I can replace them.

Attachments

• DSCN6391.JPG
    DSCN6391.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 716
  • DSCN6392.JPG
    DSCN6392.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 716
  • DSCN6393.JPG
    DSCN6393.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 716
  • DSCN6389.JPG
    DSCN6389.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 716
Re:

Look like early Reba's to me based on lower leg shape, air and lockout out point on crown. I'd go for 06-08 ish.

I think you might be onto something there.

The reba come with a serial number on the steerer rather than etched in to the crown it seems, bad move by SRAM/Rockshox.

I did wonder if they were Reckon Gold but I think they are too old for that.

Re:

Recons did share the same lowers at one point iirc, so it's possible I guess.

ah yes, thinner brace and kind of sculpted dropouts, and did sid ever have that cable stop on the crown?

1.8kg suggests recon, especially with teh paint off, but its light enough to be really dirty low end reba, so no help there :roll: other question would be did reba come as solo air or only dual air? also this is assuming its an alloy steerer?

recon lowers seem to be different for diff models and years, kind of all over the place. seen a pic of 2006 recon with reba style dropouts, then 2007 they are different, sculpted similar to the sid, but then another pic from 2008 has the same as reba again on one model but the other style in a pic of a diff model.

end of the day if the reba and recon lowers are the same wouldnt teh seals be interchangeable?

They were £20 on ebay in that condition so I thought what they hell, I've used them and they don't leak and seem mechanically sound.
I just saw the gold sanctions and went for it and yes it's an alloy steerer.

Back