Do straight 1 1/8 steerer 650b forks exist?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm hoping so, just haven't seen and suspension options and wondering if I'll need to customise some forks?

I've got some rock shox did/Reba csu (dual air), and wondering if a solo air lower leg will be fine mated to them?

http://www.somafab.com/archives/product ... canti-fork

CRMO MTB 29ER/650B FORK

soma_fork_mtb_465_2014_web-370x300.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Cheers. I'm thinking I may need to make one, as straight steerers seem to be a thing of the past. Either that or go rigid.

It's for a ti frame, so want something nice. Budget isn't high sadly.

Re:

I have an X-Fusion Velvet on my 650b which is a great fork. They do pop up on eBay now and then.

I've also seen a few 650b straight steerer Reba's show up on there.

Re:

I'd probably prefer a Reba as I know my way around them and have a few spares.

As far as I'm aware, the CSU on a 26, 27.5 and 29 Reba is the same, and I have a couple of them to play with. I can get my hands on a new 27.5 solo air lower leg assembly. I believe the solo air is CSU not lower leg dependent so these should work. I just need to figure out what length of rebound and air dampers I'll need. Anyone have any ideas here? Pretty sure I have some 100mm 29er parts so I'd guess these would make the 27.5 slightly longer travel wise than 100mm?

My other slightly unknown is that the csus I have are older than the lower legs by a year or two. The od should still be the same, so hoping that I can slot something together.

Back