Using a non ethirteen BB?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, I bought some ethitreen cranks that didn't come with a BB. Scored some race Face 30mm BSA BBS, but my question is, what spacers (if any?) do I need to make the two work together? By spacers, I don't mean the ones that space the BB for the BB shell width, but the ones to aid bearing preload?

I have a set of ethirteen xcx cranks on another bike, and am using the ethirteen BB. This requires a few spacers and a wavy washer according to the manual, but the reality was when using the wavy washer, the bearings were too tight so I've not used this in the set up and it has been fine.

The cranks in question this time are the trs variety.

Anyone know what spacers are needed and how many?

Re:

Anyone? I have the frame now, so keen to get cracking on the build. Will be going either 1x or 2x10 with an e-thirteen crank, bash guard and chain device. Just need to know what kind of spacer arrangement I'll need with this set up.

Re:

I don't think there is a set amount of spacers; you add them until the cranks run perfect.
This is because bb shells vary in width a small amount after they have been faced.
I have to say though my only experience is with 24mm spindles.
Kes

Still after some advice on the bb spacers I need to get this build running. Well, build has changed frame wise as the planned one had a crack so had to find another.

Still hoping to run an ethirteen trs crank with single or double up front, and use a 30mm threaded race face bb. I need to know the spacer arrangement to make this work.

Adding perhaps to the equation is that the frame has is mount chain guide tabs, and the chain guide I have is bb mount. Will this work? How does this affect the spacers needed for both shell width adjustment and also bearing preload?

Back