99 gt avalanche strip or sell complete

t wild

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have hit a bit of a cash crisis and have to move on a project or two to get me through. I have a 99 gt avalanche that I was planning on rebuilding. I have a complete 99 deore lx group and a set of dia compe v brakes in the grey purple colour to match. The frame has a scratch on the top tube and the lacquer is shot but nothing that can't be fixed. Anyway I have a set of sun tour forks and enough parts to build up into a bike but not the bike it should be if you know what I mean.

Should I throw it all together and sell as a complete bike or sell it as a project as is with the parts listed. And how much should I ask for it

Re:

Can't comment on price as such, but in theory you'll earn more selling the parts separately. You will however have to package and post many separate items so it's time to weigh up how much the hassle of this is worth when pricing up the full bike Vs the individual parts.

Re:

It's generally easier to sell the separate parts off instead of a complete bike.
But as ishaw said it means a lot more hassle for you.
If you need to sell quickly then you may have to price things low to sell quick.

Well I have put it on eBay. The 9 speed cog on the wheels was knackered as was the centre ring on the crank as it turned out so I've just thrown on some Ritchey wheels I had knocking around with other parts so it looks like a bike. I'm not going to use them and gives someone a start. I'm going to clean up the rest of the bits when I have time and sell them separately.

If you want a look it's on eBay. Search for gt avalanche on Ritchey wheels. Excuse the crank but it's got good teeth and works.

Back