Bash guard/chainring bolts?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
New territory for me, have a bash guard and chain guide on the way, but what bolts do I need to use to fit the guard and chainring? It's an e*thirteen arrangement.

Re:

Standard bolts designed for triple chainrings are fine. You are simply replacing the big ring with the bash guard. If you was going from a triple to a single ring without a bash you would need shorter bolts.

Re:

I thought that would be the case, just wanted to check as I did end up with a bash guard once (came on a crank I bought), and it had extra long bolts and spacers involved.

Yeah some of the plastic (polycarbonate?) guards are quite thick. I seem to remember having an e13 guard ages ago and although it was really thick I reckon the bolt holes were recessed and I used standard bolts.

Re:

My bash arrived today so I guess I'll be finding out soon enough.

Cheers for the help.

Probably already sorted it but like petehaddock said above, just normal chainring bolts :)

Some bash guards eg Hope come with chainring bolts, best check your delivery.
If not then regular 2-ring bolts should do, I'm sure you've got enough spares kicking around to find something that will work.

12mm ones fit perfectly and use all the thread, normal chain ring bolts "should" work okay but I didn't like the fact they only gripped with a few threads once my bash guard was installed.

something like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ChainRing-Bo ... SwQN5abRsf

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks. I looked at the ethirteen ones and the bolts themselves were tiny, hardly any thread on them. Bought some race Face ones from CRC yesterday, look a lot more substantial so I'll see how these go.

Back