Anyone laced spinergy wheels with pbo spokes?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the effort relaxing some spinergy xyclone wheels with black spokes from their original yellow, or selling them to fund a more suitable/less yellow wheelset for a build.

I have a full set of new spare spokes from a non-disc xyclone wheel set, but don't know if they are the same size as the disc ones. If they are, would swapping them over be a simple enough job?

I have done that. Picked up a cheap set of first gen SPOX off evil-bay but the rims were toast. I replaced the rims with Bontrager Mustang Ceramic rims (got a NOS pair for cheap too) In my case the most work was to ream out the eyelets to be able to get the PBO spoke end through, that was a pain. Lacing up the spokes wasn't really much different than a regular wheel. The truing at the hub is a little bit of a faff so it will take longer, but in the end it works out fine.

Re:

i rebuilt one for myself a few years ago, it was a spot front hub, the biggest pain was the nipple at the hub and the fact that the threads are very fine which can cross threaded if you are ham fisted, but also they are slow to build as a result.

my advice would be to contact gary at GA cycles in southampton, 02380 636648, he's a master with spinergy wheels, he might charge you a lump for doing it but they'd be spot on.

Back