Inbred or not ?

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi
Im looking for some advice on another frame :facepalm:

I dont get out much and when i do its a fair bit of fireroad , a fair bit of climbing and a little bit of singletrack / wooded descents .
My go to bike has been the old 98 alloy Cinder cone with discs , risers / 90mm stem and 100mm fox forks . in short a leaning towards more modern bikes .

My problem is i find the ride harsh and not a fan of disc coverters on the frame so i thought about trying to put together something cheap and little more modern to hang the bits on .
I dont think i ride anything that really needs a full suss so looking at hardtails .

I have looked at a few frames on the bay that fit my tiny budget and more important that take 26 inch wheels ,100mm travel forks and with a more modern riding position.

I have seen a Cove handjob :roll: that looked nice but went over my budget but what seem pretty common and in my price range are the On One frames , i belive the Inbred is ok for a 100mm fork but they seem to have wildly different reviews , some seem to love them some say they are heavy ( not great for the climbing ) and not very forgiving for a steel frame
so i wondered what you guys thought and are there any frames that might fight the bill ?

Cheers Paul

Re:

The bike snobs will hate them but many people ride em and love em (my Mrs has a tiny 14" one ). As long as you can cope with the odd insult about gas pipe they are a great frame especially for the price .

the on one inbred is a design classic imho. It is to the 2000s what something like the kona cinder cone was to the 90s, a working class hero punching way above it's weight.

I went from a Merlin XLM to an Inbred. Love the inbred.

Re: Re:

Matthews":2y2qfczg said:
The bike snobs will hate them but many people ride em and love em (my Mrs has a tiny 14" one ). As long as you can cope with the odd insult about gas pipe they are a great frame especially for the price .
Im used to stares of guys riding 4k full sussers when im on my old
M Trax or my Muni Mula , you can almost see them thinking
" what the f**k is that :LOL:

cce":n9jawjv8 said:
the on one inbred is a design classic imho. It is to the 2000s what something like the kona cinder cone was to the 90s, a working class hero punching way above it's weight.

Seems a pretty positive vote then :D
I need all the help i can get on the climbs so was a bit worried about the weight of them :facepalm:

shinobi":oreyyiet said:
cce":oreyyiet said:

I need all the help i can get on the climbs so was a bit worried about the weight of them :facepalm:

mine with a 1x10 and a reba weighs about 25-26lb

cce":17q4vgmg said:
shinobi":17q4vgmg said:
cce":17q4vgmg said:

mine with a 1x10 and a reba weighs about 25-26lb
Thats a lot less than i thought , i was thinking nearer the 29/30lb mark .
Is yours built up with very light running gear ?
Cheers Paul

Latest posts

Back