Anyone aware of any cheap 29" slicks?

SouthCoastRetro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Good evening to you lovely people,
I'm at present riding my bike to work and the Nobby Nics whilst great on the trail aren't so hot on the road, so I'm asking you lovely lot of you've seen any bargainous rubber for sale on the internets for a 29er?
As they're going to be just commute tyres I'm after cheap as we can go types if possible please?

Thanks in advance for your input and have a lovely weekend.

Boomshanka.

Re:

Depends how cheap in terms of quality you want to go. If you really aren't worried about quality and just want something fast rolling then you can get various types on ebay for as little as £15 a pair. But they are the 'tesco value' of the tyre world. Saying that I bought a pair of 26" unbranded slicks for my commuter costing £13 a pair brand new and alright they aren't Maxxis/continental quality but they do the job fine.

Re:

Many many good ideas here, thanks so much for your input.
I'd love the Grifters, they are my faves! I'm erring on the side of The On Ones (mainly as they're too cheap to miss!) but I have just one last enquiry before I pull the trigger, and that is will they fit on my Hope Enduro wheels as the Hope say they're 28mm wide and the tyres are 25mm?

Thanks again to you all.

Re:

I have a set of Schwalbe Hurricane 29er tyres that are like a hybrid tyre with nobs on the side...£30 posted the pair?

Doug

Re: Re:

wookiee":1f5z3zhp said:
I have a set of Schwalbe Hurricane 29er tyres that are like a hybrid tyre with nobs on the side...£30 posted the pair?

Doug

Thanks for the offer but the Hutchinson ones on the On One website are pretty much unbeatable and the Hurricanes are £30 a pair from CRC new. Cheers anyway.

Re:

Planet X saves the day! Got some Schalbe Centuries (plus new narrow tubes) on the way with a new track pump (good old Aldi!) all for the princely sum of £25 including postage.

Many thanks to everyone who commented and also to kind souls who had rubber to sell.

Ride on, fellas!

Back