I pull mine with my left hand

bj

Retro Guru
Rear brake that is. Going on holiday abroad where brakes set up is reversed. Anyone experienced how quickly you adjust. Joining mtb tour which will include some steep singletrack, so worried about going over the handlebars when i instinctively apply front brake rather than rear.

Re:

Abroad where?
Are you sure the levers will be reversed?
I've ridden I couple of overseas places and found the bikes were set up the "proper" way (UK).

If you ask in advance they might be able to flip the levers over for you (Used to be easier eith cable pull brakes).

Re:

All mine are set up like that, bar one. The bike with the Pace forks that have the canti mount on the back

Mike

Going to La Gomera, a volcano just off tenerife (has a rain forest). Bike shop is not keen to reverse the hydraulic brakes. It's not a big place and probably doesn't get much business from us brits. However, in contrast, the guys in nearby Madeira and Tenerife have been great, and have UK/Aussie brakesets all ready and waiting when needed.

Re:

First rode reversed in Vancouver with some lightening fast, far more in shape than me, Mounties whizzing through the woods...

I didn't have a clue about the difference and, upon smashing into a majestic redwood, I thought I'd imagined it and just f*cked up....the SECOND majestic redwood just about made the point for me!

Back