Pace rc41 forks help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I recently acquired a lovely set of these forks and want to make sure they are working fine and set up properly before I use them. I can't get the gold air cap off, any ideas how I can remove it without hurting it?

Tips on set up, especially of the funky lock out feature gratefully received. Is it me, or does it seem a bad idea/design to expose the top of the leg with the lockout active/pulled up?

What sort of care regime should I lavish on them once I've got them in use? I'm no stranger to servicing rock Shox forks, are these easy enough to work on?

Next up, build dilemma. I bought the forks for my pipedream Scion build, to further add some Brit. The current forks are/were new Reba (I bought them new and they have seen very few miles), in 120mm flavour. Will the extra 10mm make a difference on the frame?

Shameful plug but I've got some lovely black middleburn rs7 cranks in 170mm but I'd prefer 175mm. Anyone fancy a swap? The cranks fitted to the frame currently are some lovely as new e-thirteen cranks, but as I'm trying to go as Brit as possible, I'd be up for swapping these for something Brit and triple (double at a push) if no takers for the middleburns.

Back