1x10 question

toomanyframes

Retrobike Rider
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone advise if a 34t front and 11-42 rear will work? It'll be on a full suspension frame.
Cheers in advance.

Yes I did it on an Orange 5 and it worked brilliantly fo me. Am now running 32 front and 11-42 back though.

Re:

Yes it'll work just fine, assuming your rear mech can cope with the 42T sprocket?

BertR00t":r8bchvc1 said:
Yes I did it on an Orange 5 and it worked brilliantly fo me. Am now running 32 front and 11-42 back though.

What he said.

You may have trouble with the rear mech as has been said, but Shimano 10 speed clutch mechs can be made to work.

Re:

I run 1x10 with Rental narrow/wide 32 up front and a 11-42 Sunrace cassette on my 29 Hardtail and it gives enough gears for most situations. You do spin out reasonably quickly down hill but there as many up as downs round here. :D

I've got an XT clutch mech and have fitted a Wolftooth dogbone. Not sure you ACTUALLY need it, but then when has 'need' had anything to do with it?

Re:

I'm currently running 38 front and 12-32 rear on a 1 x 8 '92 diamondback ascent, whatever you go with you'll probably find you just deal with it, I thought i'd be under geared but been ok so far just have to get out the saddle more when climbing

Back