IF I wanted a modern bike....

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
...what would you recommend? I am thinking maybe 5-10 years old, not new new (can't afford). Newest bike I own is from 97 .Other than the obvious brands I have no idea what's what

Never had front and rear bounce so that would be on the list.

Budget £500 - £750

Thanks

Re:

That's kind of like asking what car to buy without giving any further information! What sort of riding do you do/like, do you prioritise light weight over downhill-ability, do you race (and if so, what type?), what and where do you currently ride? Do you prefer going up or down? Do you want something that plays to your strengths or assists your weaknesses? And so on.. ;-)

Re:

I would recommend you did the honourable thing Sir :!: :!:

Attachments

• Webley-revolver.jpg
    Webley-revolver.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,215
Re:

Yip thanks mate...good points well presented!

I ride mainly cross country, single track etc.....usually quite slowly now! :roll:

I have a variety of late 80s early 90s bikes.... Merlin, Serotta, Cannondale etc....all of which are great in their own right and in their own time..... but given their race orientation tend not be that comfortable for all day riding.

I live in the south downs so its very up and down. I want a bike that is light and comfy for all day outings....but will take the odd screaming (from me) downhill in its stride.

Been looking at Spec FSRs but i am sure the market is much wider than that.

cheers

Ant

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":3k2lku1u said:

:facepalm: I did say "IF" :D Besides.....what you doing looking in the 98-> section anyway!

Re: Re:

Antstark":3gaq5vw2 said:
kermitgreenkona88":3gaq5vw2 said:

:facepalm: I did say "IF" :D Besides.....what you doing looking in the 98-> section anyway!

I saw your name and modern in the new posts section ;)

Back