26" tubeless tyres for a rigid

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Im currently using Nobby Nics(2.3 up front)but Im still getting the sh1t beat out of me on some rough sections,what 26" tubeless and pressures are you guys running on yer rigids?

Re:

I'm unconvinced of the benefits of tubeless for rigid bikes.

I tried it and kept pinching tyres, putting holes too big for the sealant to work in the sidewalls.

I ended up running the same pressure tubeless as I would tubed (25-30psi in a 26 x 2.4 tyre) and then when I tore another barely used tyre open casing a jump I sacked it and went back to tubes.

Re: Re:

mechanicalvandal":inra1qcq said:
I'm unconvinced of the benefits of tubeless for rigid bikes.

I tried it and kept pinching tyres, putting holes too big for the sealant to work in the sidewalls.

I ended up running the same pressure tubeless as I would tubed (25-30psi in a 26 x 2.4 tyre) and then when I tore another barely used tyre open casing a jump I sacked it and went back to tubes.
I had the opposite experience.I had 2 consecutive pinches in 2 days on the same gnarly stretch on tubes.After that I had no confidence in tubes unless I avoided that entire stretch.Im out 4 days a week for a morning ride before work on the rigid and in the last few weeks Ive had no probs with tubeless.Time will tell but tubeless is peace of mind for me at the moment.

Back