Seat post shim help 30.0 to 30.9

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, I have a 30.0 seatpost sat in the shed that I'd like to put into a 30.9 frame. Is there such thing as a shim to fit the difference? I've seen lots of others but not the one I need! Any help would be great. Thank you. Rob

Re:

id be surprised cos 30.0 isnt really a standard size, and shims are usually for unusual outer diams, not inner

i would think your best bet is get hold of some 0.9mm sheet metal and bodge it round somehow. kind of how ppl use a cut up can to go from 27.0 to 27.2. 0.9mm should be flexible enough and easy to cut, depends what metal you use, probably need 90-100mm long and pi30.9 minus a little bit for the clamp, 95mm?

something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... 0&_sacat=0

but bare in mind ive never done that so if it doesnt work dont sue me. hey what can go wrong? ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

man i assumed it was a fancy seatpost lol obviously teh easiest solution was get a 30.9 one

Re: Re:

catf":10p7gpvm said:
id be surprised cos 30.0 isnt really a standard size, and shims are usually for unusual outer diams, not inner

i would think your best bet is get hold of some 0.9mm sheet metal and bodge it round somehow. kind of how ppl use a cut up can to go from 27.0 to 27.2. 0.9mm should be flexible enough and easy to cut, depends what metal you use, probably need 90-100mm long and pi30.9 minus a little bit for the clamp, 95mm?

something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... 0&_sacat=0

but bare in mind ive never done that so if it doesnt work dont sue me. hey what can go wrong? ;)

That would give a shimmed size of 31.8mm.

You'd need 0.45mm thickness material to create a shim that would increase diameter by 0.9mm.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

ah yeah my bad. well easy mistake to make, hopefully i woulda noticed if i put the full brainpower into it. prob not :)

Back