Hardy way to colour crank arms

tIB

Senior Retro Guru
I have some silver STX RC arms that don't really fit the rest of my bike, I'd like them either black or red but I'm not sure if it's possible to get them done for cheap and have a finish strong enough not to rub off. Anyone found a solution to this?

Should add that I have a weird setup hence I'm looking at sorting these arms rather than buying a new chainset- i have found something that would work but I'm not sure i want to go there yet. That's plan b!

While I'm still interested in answers I have found a cheap plan c on eBay, meaning hopefully I won't need an answer to this conundrum- hopefully they will do the job.

if your shoes are rubbing on the cranks then nothing will work - look to moving the cleats further in (I assume we're talking SPD). Only way is to fit a sacrificial cover e.g. helicopter tape and replace it when it is close to getting worn through.

It's more that I didn't want silver arms but would rather hack the ones I have to a different colour.

Re:

Powder coat them in colour of your choice, if on a budget paint with rattle cans then put in over at 80c for ten mins to harden paint.

In both cases apply protective tape.

Thanking you! Ive actually picked up some cheap cranks Ind the colour required that should fit my chainrings, if not I'll go for rattlecan, oven and tape...

Latest posts

Back