Hope C2 No11 and No8 Calipers

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
In need of the 2 above calipers for a project.

I know, should this be in the wanted section :? Kind of a bit of both. A quantum topic if you will

It's an ask yes, but a query also as to identity, and existence.Suppose if the mods wish to move it, such is their right. I wont say power corrupts :LOL:

I dont ever remember an 8 :? and I dont actually think there was one - Though it says here there was -
http://www.oocities.org/ti_guy.geo/hope ... pernumbers
(I think its wrong- No3 rear was 185mm)
But if anyone knows any different I'd be happy to hear from you.

No11 is a post mount for the Manitou X-Vert Carbon. (No 11-74)

Reason for needing these two or one as is likely, is I've got all the rest 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10 and a rear 1/2 for No12.
Was wondering what to do with them all. Maybe a pic listing all the C2 calipers, then thought struck 1 - 12, So why not a clock :shock:
Seems ideal :D
Now I can replace the No8 that likely doesn't exist, with a number 8, which I dont think would look out of place, but the No11 is about, though rather hard to find on ebay(one on now but im no way paying that for it).

Thousands must have been produced so there must still be a number about in boxes and lofts.

Theres quite a few clocks made from rotors and chainrings but this i think is better in that its a usable item, so is likely to be used and the history of calipers on it not likely to end up in the bin somewhere in time.

(just mock up, id use a fancy bit of timber for the final piece.)

Anyone has a No11-74 can you drop me a line. (not to gloat, ha ha you aint getting it. That would be unkind :) )

Ta.

Attachments

• DSCF2285 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF2285 (Custom).JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,362
coreygun":2iv2v3nl said:
What happened to this clock then? The no.8 and no.12 calipers do exist according to their documents: http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uplo ... ttings.pdf

The document is correct in saying no.3 is F185/R165, and no.8 is F205/R185.

There's also a no.12 you could get which fits Monster T forks.

I didnt include them because theyre a different later generation of brake and are open system, whereas C2's are closed.
Would be nice having the 12 and 8 spaces filled, though the rear 1/2 in the 12 slot seems acceptable, just no 8.

I've as stated been drifting away from it all. Its just i think another transitional period ive to get my brain around, then ill settle back down and complete the many tasks.

Need new house - need new workshop - have no money :LOL: so maybe when this is all sorted out :?

But nice to know folk are interested in it all :cool:

Although all that said ive since fitted a No11(PM74mm) and swopped the 9:74 for the more unusual 67mm No9

Yeh but the C2 and O2 calipers look the same apart from the 'O'. Isn't that good enough?

Surely if you have a "67mm no.9", then that isn't a no.9? If it was a different size, it was a different number.

Maybe could use a No8 from one of the other and there maybe the dreaded XC4, as it is a closed and the same lever :)

And actually to think on it, it does also look like the number 8 so could well fit in nicely. Cheers for the prodding. I'll look into it.

As to what sizes are true sizes, maybe thats something you could direct towards a general philosophical discussion in off topic or something.

Well the XC4 looks completely different, but a C2 and O2 are identical on the outside except for the ‘O’ beneath Hope. There’s no lever on your clock, so it’s the caliper that counts.

I wasn’t saying that a 67mm PM isn’t a true size, I’m just saying that every different size has a different caliper number. And so the no.9 is a PM 74, and if there’s a 67mm then it is allocated a different number. Otherwise you would have a no.3 in 165, 185, 205, but you don’t.

There’s no lever on your clock, so it’s the caliper that counts.
Surely the levers will be the hands on the clock? Could have a Sport lever as the long hand and a pro lever as the short hand...
Great project.

Back