Which 100mm fork?

Gruff

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Can you guys answer a question for me?
I'm new to this post '97 mtb lark and have just bought a unicorn bike which has some very worn Rockshox Rebas on it.

I am looking to replace them with either a Rockshox Pilot SL or a Marzocchi MZ comp or supercomp or maybe some other Rebas.

Which would you guys recommend?

Re:

Not sure pilots were ever that good, though I did have a set that were problem free.

What's wrong with the rebas you have? I'm always on the lookout for Reba spares as I've a few incomplete ones I'd like to build up. I've you are after another set, I've got a disc only set in fine fettle I'm not currently using. I think they are great forks myself.

Re: Re:

ishaw":l8cvnd3t said:
Not sure pilots were ever that good, though I did have a set that were problem free.

What's wrong with the rebas you have? I'm always on the lookout for Reba spares as I've a few incomplete ones I'd like to build up. I've you are after another set, I've got a disc only set in fine fettle I'm not currently using. I think they are great forks myself.

Thanks for the reply Ian.
I don't have them yet as the bike is still in the post but from the pic the stanchions are very worn. If your Rebas had V brake posts i'd be very interested as the frame has disk and posts so at some point i may change to V's, being of the olderschool retro rider :LOL:

Re:

The set I have spare have disc only lowers though I do have a new set of lowers with V mounts I could swap over. The new lowers are black with no decals but I also have a set of decals somewhere in the garage, I'd need to check they are suitable colour wise.

Back