Marin B17 2000 Seatpost Size??

djjinx1

Dirt Disciple
as per title anybody know? It looks to me the seatpost in it is a bit small. For reference its a 26.0.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_101547.jpg
    IMG_20170209_101547.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,060
RickTheUncivil":37i2zmk3 said:
Have one out in the shed, I'll measure next time I'm out, unless of course someone comes up with the answer!

Thanks!

And to the other post I would be surprised if it was 30.0, I have one and its nowhere near going in, unless its been bent in so much!

Re:

Yes, have to admit it does look a bit of a leap from 26 to 30mm!

Might be worth thoroughly cleaning the inside of the seat tube out though, and making sure the top of the seat tube hasn't ovalised a bit....?

Re:

same as my 2000 Muirwoods. Was going to buy a nice new 27.2 seatpost then realised it was a 27.0 :facepalm:

my old shoreline trail was a 27.0 as well around the same year. Think that was a fairly standard size for them around that time.

Re:

If your seat post clamp or front mech are 31.8mm you can be pretty sure 27.0 will be right. 27.2 is a common size ask around friends/colleagues and try one, if you can only get it in the top inch or so again you will know.

A B17 should have a 30mm seat post, also it should have larger ovation tubing and a longer rear swing arm to achieve the 6" of travel that is unique to the B17. Plus did the B17 ever come with standard disk mounts on the swingarm?

I have heard previously that run out models were painted up without meeting the expected features of the model they represented. Can you measure your rear axle centre to crank bolt centre? I suspect it will be shorter than expected for a B17. If it shorter the good news is a replacement swing arm will be easy to source, bad news is it won't have 6" of travel on the rear.

While the tape measure is out measure the shock length, centre to centre on the eyes, I am betting it will be 184mm.

Re: Re:

davidj":3n1u2mlk said:
If your seat post clamp or front mech are 31.8mm you can be pretty sure 27.0 will be right. 27.2 is a common size ask around friends/colleagues and try one, if you can only get it in the top inch or so again you will know.

A B17 should have a 30mm seat post, also it should have larger ovation tubing and a longer rear swing arm to achieve the 6" of travel that is unique to the B17. Plus did the B17 ever come with standard disk mounts on the swingarm?

I have heard previously that run out models were painted up without meeting the expected features of the model they represented. Can you measure your rear axle centre to crank bolt centre? I suspect it will be shorter than expected for a B17. If it shorter the good news is a replacement swing arm will be easy to source, bad news is it won't have 6" of travel on the rear.

While the tape measure is out measure the shock length, centre to centre on the eyes, I am betting it will be 184mm.

I will try and measure tomorrow, are you saying I don't have a B17?

It certainly is one, I have the 6" Fox Vanilla. Its the 2000 model I'm sure of it

Back