Maverick Speedball/Crank Bros Joplin dropper post tool

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Absolute long shot but does anyone have the special 2 pin tool used to unscrew the upper valve head from the seat post?

I could probably get something made but if someone has one they would give/sell/lend me that would be fantastic.

Failing that if you know of one somewhere, I'm happy to chase a rainbow (well to an extent anyway)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Unfortunately what needs to be unscrewed is set a good 15cm inside a tube with a narrow diameter, the proper tool which I have only managed to find a crappy picture of looks to be machined out of alloy, is about say 17cm long, has the two pins on the end and a hex for operating with a socket on the other.

That is quite possibly the worst written description possible. I have found a picture, it's in the background though and not sure how well it will come out on here.

Attachments

• joplin tool.jpg
    joplin tool.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 344
Re:

That will be tricky to make if you dont have access to the cap in order to work out pin diameter and distance apart.

I hate it when stuff is made that requires special tools, dont even mention cannondale headshoks grrrrrr.....

You probably need to attach a disc to a rod with plasticene on the end to press against the cap to get impression of the pins, maybe cover the plasticene with a smear of grease so it wont stick to the cap. Then buy a cheap 3/8 socket and grind down to correct shape.

I doubt it will be easy or cheap to find/buy/borrow the correct tool.

Back