Which fork?

Dare

Senior Retro Guru
Hello everyone!

I haven't had modern fork in some time now and I need advice. I can get RS Sid RCT3 2015 or Fox talas 32 120-140. I ride mostly xc/trail. I know both are quite OK, I just wonder if there is something I should be aware of?

Fox have very short service intervals compared to other forks. I'd go for the Sid if it was my choice.

Re:

The same as Ian said. I have ridden both Fox and Rockshox and I would always go Rockshox...I ride XC and currently have the 29er Rebas which are so reliable in the crap winter conditions...the Fox I found plusher but need servicing far more regularly.

Doug

So what you trying to say is that in the last 7 years, since I last rode with one of these "modern" forks, nothing has changed... RS still has the advantage when it comes to us average Joes that like to service our bikes ourselves. OK, Sid it is.

Dare":3bu180bn said:
So what you trying to say is that in the last 7 years, since I last rode with one of these "modern" forks, nothing has changed... RS still has the advantage when it comes to us average Joes that like to service our bikes ourselves. OK, Sid it is.

Yup bang on!

Re:

Well, you can service the Fox forks yourself too, it's just you might be doing it more frequently than with the Rockshox forks.
Fine if you like to tinker with your bike.

Back