Rigid carbon forks

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Probably been done to death but here goes,I want to get a 26" carbon fork.The Exotics look good but there are some really nice Chinese forks on the bay.Anyone any experience of Java forks and their ilk?

Anything other than Niner forks are a complete waste of money as the design and shape of the Niners really do work.

I purchased an X-LITE set that looked like Niners except the traingular legs were back to front and the offset way too much at their lowest offset option.

Niner RDOs that I had were simply the best.

The old Pace rc31s were ok but that's if you do not mind flex.

OK, I'm kinda sure, but - well, not quite sure.

I want to rigid up the front of my Sunn. At the same time, I'm going disc, at least at the front and probably "up the tradesman's" as well. I'd *really* like a P2 disc with a sub 430mm A-C and a 200mm+ steerer, but Kona don't make 'em any more, and they are hen's teeth with uncut steerers.

So, money being a thing I don't have a great deal of, I started thinking about getting me some chinesium. Off to aliexpress, but there's bugger all steel there that I can realistically afford. There's aluminium, the Mosso forks look OK if a little long, Alu / Carbon (Java with aluminium steerer) or all carbon (Java and other brandings of what appear to be the same thing). I really don't like the look of the Exotics, so they are out.

Now, the rational part of me says a full-carbon monocoque fork should be at least as tough as an aluminium steerer bonded onto carbon legs. The irrational part of me starts shivering and backing away, though. Am I mad to be even thinking about this? Should I just pull the trigger on some full carbon, or go half-way with the alu / carbon mix?

I just don't know what to do!

I have Trigon carbon from the bay. ultra light at 450 gram and not expensive hence why i bought them. Not sure if still on eBay?

Heres a picture. They offer in disc as well

Attachments

• rigid.JPG
    rigid.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 679
Nope.

I'm looking at something like these (although without the red flashy stuff). Still a bit "phat" for my liking, though.

987654d1431378821-java-carbon-forks-image.jpg

Re:

tufty":2dtphmrl said:
Nope.

I'm looking at something like these (although without the red flashy stuff). Still a bit "phat" for my liking, though.

987654d1431378821-java-carbon-forks-image.jpg

Hi Simon,

If you are interested, I have a mosso disc / vbrake that I don't use anymore.

Matthieu

Back