What's the best full suss XC bike ever ?? the answer is !!!

wrinkleygit

Dirt Disciple
After recent surgery & worsening arthritis extreme offroading is now a thing of the past, however, some light singletrack & bridle path rides may not be out of the way. My gary fisher cake project is progressing nicely but the 19" frame is a little snug on the standover so it got me thinking about building my ideal last bike. All ideas welcome, the only criteria must be, no carbon fibre, 4" max travel fr & rear & 26" wheel size. My first thoughts are Orange Sub or Turner Flux, what do you think, any offers of suitable frames might be considered, Mike B.

Re: What's the best full suss XC bike ever ??

Not maybe be better looking towards something mass produced and carbon ? To keep weight down to a minimum and therefore strain on the extremities :?

Pro-flex !? or Specialized Epic FSR :D
Pro-flex are light, only 3.5 inch travel f+r but can be a bit on the high side. The Specialized have super low/sloping top tubes and the rear suspension is way better, some are v light too. Very nice bikes :D

Mark

Re:

When you say best ever......do you mean coolest, most sort after or works the best?

If it's the latter, I have a Giant Anthem frame that is 4" travel, takes 26" wheels and is light.
Got to say, it is as good as any XC full sus I have tried and much better than most. Giant real did hit the spot with the Anthem & Trance.

Sitting gathering dust if you're interested as I always ride my hard tail 29'er

hello cherrybomb, my quest is for the one that works the best, it can be as ugly as sin as long as it builds up light & rides/handles well, thanks for suggestion so far, mike b.

wrinkleygit":zvtbem9x said:
hello cherrybomb, my quest is for the one that works the best, it can be as ugly as sin as long as it builds up light & rides/handles well, thanks for suggestion so far, mike b.

Then in that case; as I said- I have a Giant Anthem frame sitting here if you're interested. Certainly ticks all of you boxes and looks good too. ;)

This is it built up....

IMG_3280.jpg

Back