Palomino bushings?

stefanano57

Pace Fan
I have a 2003 Palomino team which I've had since new and never bothered to go for the Maverick upgrade as maintanance has never been a problem and it hasn't seen a great deal of action over the years.

I thought I'd look up if bushing kits were still available as I'm taking the bike over to Murcia with me for the winter, and wanted some spares in case the worst happens and I can't source replacements out there.

Does anybody have a source or dimensions of bushings required?

Did any of the Trek range of the time use the same spec of top hat bushes used on the Klein?

From memory I had changed them twice over the years but they were readily available parts direct from source and easily fitted.

Any info would be much appreciated so I'm not stuck with a clothes horse should things get messy :facepalm:

Re: It´s a start

Not exactly the answer you want but Ethan Franklyn was Maveriks Tech Support manager and has bought their remaining spares and is now keeping these great bikes on the trail by re manufacturing all of those unique spares. You can contact him at The-Flow-Zone.com, he is a very helpful guy and posts to Spain too. He may be able to point you in the right direction if he doesn´t have what you need.

Now that the Klein, Garry Fisher and Maverik threads have been taken down on MTBR you could try asking on their Vintage, Retro, Classic thread. The Palomino was a very popular bike on there I seem to remember.

From memory the G.F. Sugars had similar looking bushings.

Finally, have you tried B.I.T.D?

Either way enjoy the ride and maybe we can see some pics?

Back