BB30 -> GXP adapter - what's going on here?

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 394
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
if I understand it right the Amazon one is a reducer that fits into the BB30 inner race to allow the slimmer shaft to fit. The second is a complete press-fit and reducer unit that replaces the BB30 bearing.

I would have said that too except they look identical to me.

I contacted the seller and response was "no need to remove the bearing" which implies the ebay one fits to the bearing and has an additional bearing. (it seems most strange). :?

Attachments

• adp2.jpg
    adp2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 360
02gf74":26s5lyk0 said:
I would have said that too except they look identical to me.

You shoulda gone to specsavers, they are different diameters, one is one piece, the other multiple pieces, including a bearing.

As already suggested, Amazon one fits into the BB30 bearing to alter the ID, eBay one is a complete replacement unit.

Neither of these will do anything to alleviate the problems that come with bb30 though, you really want something like the Praxis adapter that screws together/expands.

bb30.png

Back