Hope hub expertise needed

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've got a collection of hope spares from building a wheelset and I hope (pardon the pun) I have enough correct parts to build a pro 2 evo rear hub from a new shell I have.

The problem is, I've a collection of axles and spacers and don't know which are the right ones for the hub. Anyone got a pic or diagram of the pro 2 evo disassembled?

If I've got axles from a pro 2 non evo, will these be OK?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2016-09-29 10.35.09.jpg
    2016-09-29 10.35.09.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 714
I believe they are all qr aside from one which is a bolt through but for a longer rear shell, 142?? I'm not going to be using that anyway.

I'll take a look at the link later, bust painting at the moment, but thanks for the help.

for conversion on the pro 2's you have to swap the whole axle and axle ends to change with the special hope drifts etc

conversion on the pro 2 evo's its just the ends you change and these just pull off and push new ones on

I'm hoping I have the right axles and end caps for the pro 2 evo shell. If not I'm sure I have the non evo axles and end caps. Pics in the morning, a little late to rummage in the garage now.

Sorry, i meant to get back to you :oops: I kept putting it off as i know little about the latest hope pro 2 hubs, but I did take a little tour of whats for sale and a look at Hopes website.

Top 2 and the bottom axles are the older stuff. Top being bulb and the other two i think are big un. they just look too fat for ti glide/xc/sport.

Of the three that are left, the top 2 identical are i believe 10mm bolt through. The last one is being bigger the 12mm rear bolt through.

Right, :? Spacers
The very bottom spacers are for the 10mm's and although i cannot be sure, i think the 2 QR spacers directly abouve the 10mm axles are the QR add ons :? add ons isnt the word, but i think its just a matter of taking off the 10mm bolt through spacers and fitting the QR ones.

The 5 spacers along to top row,below the old solid axles i dont know. But i think the 2 on the right are Bulb or big un.
So I'd say yes you can build something on 10mm bolt through,10mm QR and 12mm bolt through, but you appear to be missing the freehub.
The internal spacers(below solid axles.
The left one looks like an internal freehub spacer, and the shorter looks like the one that you slip on to the axle first before fitting the freehub.

Cheers, I'll read/reread and pool your knowledge with mine. I have rebuilt a few pro 2s so makes sense I've got some spares.

I seem to recall that the pro 2 and evo shared the same shell but the axle and bearings were different, is that right?

I do have a freehub and associated bits, is the same ones used on pro 2 and evo? Not sure which one I have. Well I have 2 but one is pretty chewed but if memory serves they were slightly different iternally from each other.

Latest posts

Back