GT Arrowhead 98' - Bottom Bracket Question

norrisn

Retro Newbie
Hey guys,

I have an old GT arrowhead frame which I have always planned to get back on the road and I just inherited a 2005 Giant Yukon which is in perfect condition and not been ridden in 10 years, now the plan (due to not much money) is to the GT up and running by transplanting the working parts from the Giant.

I am pretty certain I need a 73mm shell but as for length no clue (chainset not on sheldon browns site), the donor chainset is a truvativ isoflow (square taper).

Regards,

Neil

Re:

GTs of that era often use 113mm but with that chainset i couldnt be 100% sure. You can fit the bottom bracket from the giant in the gt to see if the axle is long enough, even if the 68mm shells dont fit. Axle length doesn't have to be exact spec length, give or take a couple mm should be fine

Sean

will it matter that the frame was set for a 7 speed but the new parts are all 9?

BTW major props to the old school GT Zaskars man, always wanted one!

I have never had the guts to get rid of my old 6061 Arrowhead frame as it was a lovely ride back in the day, hopefully this will give it some renaissance! I am spending a little bit of cash getting it powder finished (for like £50) then gradually replace the donor parts with brand new (mid-top range parts).

BTW where did you get the forks for Zaskar #2? any new pics on that one?

Re:

That one never got built up, i sold it on. I bought the frame and fork together and ive never seen another one of those forks to be able to say what it was, i assume its a cheap copy of a cannondale p bone fork

thats a thing of beauty!

Was going to get a decent set of straight forks to swap in and out so I can turn my GT into a hybrid when I need too

Back