Marin East Peak 2000 - Sell or donate?

JamesG31

Retro Newbie
Hey guys,

Was hoping for some advice on my Dad's old bike! I've used it for a while a few years back but I'm now moving away and trying to save some money to put a deposit down. I don't know whether to donate it to a local charity who fix up bikes or sell it? If it's worth anything under £40 then I'll probably just donate it to the charity to save the hassle but if the valuation is more than I will look at selling it. The condition isn't amazing but there's no structural damage. From what I understand, most of the components are original but I think the rear shock needs a new seal/fixing.

https://bikemagic.com/bikes/marin-east-peak-2000.html for clarity, this is the model I'm talking about.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

James

It's probably worth around that as a frame only (40-60) but above a hundred depending on functionality and parts as a complete bike.

Your best bet might be to post a few pics of bike and bits on it so that folk here can give you an estimate. There a few sold ones on eBay you could compare with too.

Re:

If you're asking the question then I'd just give it to charity.
It's likely not worth a huge amount, and you'll feel better about yourself if you help out a charitable cause.

Thanks for your help guys. I've put it on Gumtree but if nothing comes of it, I will ensure it gets to the charity!

Back