Myistery bike identification help

estebe

Dirt Disciple
I bought my first modern(ish) bike mainly because it was too cheap to pass. Problem is there are no decals and since I intend to repaint it I would really like to know what I have...Any help is welcome. It`s aluminium frame (with an oversized, round downtube) with a carbon fork and a full Shimano Tiagra 3x9 kit. I have opened a similar topic elsewhere and the suggestions were Cannondale (but the small details do not match) Tifosi (close but no cigar) and Pinarello...

Pics: http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/esteb ... t=3&page=1

Thank you

Looks like a Raleigh Airlite not sure which model not sure if the forks original either but pretty sure its a Raleigh

kingbling":q7xc35iu said:
Looks like a Raleigh Airlite not sure which model not sure if the forks original either but pretty sure its a Raleigh

Thank you, trying to approach this on the serial number but Sheldon doesn`t have info for modern Raleighs..

Let me ask the question differently: have you ever seen a bike with 2 serial numbers on the BB shell, one vertically stamped and the other horizontally? See pictures...Thank you

WP_20160728_17_15_11_Pro.jpg

Added some new pics with details. If anyone has a guess, please, it would help me out a lot...

What might not come through the pics:
- the seatstays are not round but rather flat(ish)
-the headtube is slightly hourglass shaped
-the downtube is really massive and round
-welds are smooth except at the BB junction
-27.2 seatpost
- full Shimano Tiagra 3x9 Flightdeck (which apparently disaperaed from froduction in 2014)
- there is a 67 stamped on the inside of the LEFT (non drive side) dropout

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/estebe/library/AL

Used to sell these at the shop I worked at years ago Raleigh airlight dude two serial numbers was common as Raleigh would buy the frames in then stamp them with their serial number, paint and assemble.

cannondale king":3r0ibel2 said:
Used to sell these at the shop I worked at years ago Raleigh airlight dude two serial numbers was common as Raleigh would buy the frames in then stamp them with their serial number, paint and assemble.

Thank you very much!

Back