Where to buy Fox fork spares - new stanchions needed

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've heavily worn the right hand side stanchion on my Fox 32 FiT RL 100 forks and am looking for replacement parts. I think I have to replace the steerer/crown and stanchions right?

Where can I find such spares?

They are the tapered steerer version also.

Any assistance appreciated :)

Yep, you will need the uppers I think. Mojo suspension are probably going to have them in stock. If you call them they're pretty helpful.

I came across an ad somewhere from a company that will replace the stanchion in an existing crown so if only one needs doing will work out cheaper than a new csu. I think they advertise on ebay and also pinkbike.com. it's £50 if memory serves, can't remember the name of them I'm afraid but search ebay or pinkbike for fox repair and you should find them.

ishaw":oc99pasx said:
I came across an ad somewhere from a company that will replace the stanchion in an existing crown so if only one needs doing will work out cheaper than a new csu. I think they advertise on ebay and also pinkbike.com. it's £50 if memory serves, .

yes, it is
http://regensuspension.co.uk/

will press in new stanchions, choice of colour. advertise on ebay.

there is another company, again advertise on ebay that will do this.

search fox csu to find them.

I have experience of neither so cannot comment on service but I too need a fox fork stanchion replacement and other repairs.

Re:

Went through the process with TFTuned and have now got the forks back fully re-furbed. Had to have a new CSU in the end, and due to the age/style of the forks I have ended up with a black crown instead of white (but that's OK as it'll match the bike nicely).

A very professional outfit to deal with throughout, and if it hadn't been for the fact I needed a replacement CSU, the cost wouldn't have been too bad either.

Now, do I use them to re-furb my old Judy DHs, Z1 Bombers, RC35s, ...... :roll:

Would you like to say cost of csu? Presumably you needed new bushes in lowets and seals, so cost too, plus labour?

Ive got fox 32 to refurb so looking to get idea if if its worth doing, buying new set or good s/h pair.

Re:

Sure:

Service (inc seals, fluids etc) was £99
New bushes were £20

but....

....the csu was...

£185 :shock:

:facepalm: all in though it was cheaper than buying new forks (which would have meant modernising to bolt through hubs, and therefore a wheel rebuild), and who knows what an eBay purchase would have resulted in.

The above is inclusive of vat, labour, and postage back to me.

Back