Can you help pin point which model Bombers these are....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
...please!

They are date stamped '03, have holes in the crown, air valves either side on top of each leg, and the nuts as shown on the bottom. I don't know much about suspension forks really, but googling seems to suggest that Marzocchi air forks were a waste of time as you needed a special adapter for the pump and most of the air got lost anyway....

If these are in fact good forks that take an ordinary shock pump, does anyone know how much pressure should be in each side? (I've not attempted anything yet, and can't find my pump anyway....)

Cheers! Kaz

Attachments

• Bombers 005.JPG
    Bombers 005.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 700
  • Bombers 004.JPG
    Bombers 004.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 700
  • Bombers 001.JPG
    Bombers 001.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 700
  • Bombers 003.JPG
    Bombers 003.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 700
  • Bombers 002.JPG
    Bombers 002.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 700
Re:

I'm almost certain that they are MX Pro Air. I've got a pair that look very similar, the only difference being the air valve screw on caps. I think that they made them in 100mm and 80mm with either steel or alloy steerer tubes. Mine are 80mm with a steel steerer.

An ordinary shock pump inflates them easily. Mine have held their pressure for weeks. However, they are not fitted to a bike (yet.) I renewed the damper oil, removed the tatty decals using a hair dryer and T-cut them. Just waiting for something to mount them on.

I have a pair of Marz Marathon S which I use. These have the recessed valves that need an adaptor. Of course O.E.M adaptors are not available and the copies don't work very well because they don't screw in far enough to depress the valve.

I run the forks with no -ve pressure because I can't get air into the valve.

There's a manual for 2005 MX Pro online (same forks). If you can't find it email me and I'll send you a copy.

Re:

Brilliant info, thanks! Now I know what I'm looking for I've found a fair amount of techy stuff, so I think I will clean them up a bit more and have a play around with the pressures, etc.

Thanks again.

Re:

I "think" I run mine at 35-40psi
I have a pair of these on my FSR (see my Sig) maybe a year younger though, but pretty similar

I run my Marathon S at about 30 psi (2 bar.) I bought an old low pressure shock pump off ebay becausr the modernones are pretty much useless at these low pressures.

JackN":rtj3jnod said:
I run my Marathon S at about 30 psi (2 bar.) I bought an old low pressure shock pump off ebay becausr the modernones are pretty much useless at these low pressures.

I found that too. Best one I got was the Beto shock pump, about £13 off eBay. I borrowed one before that (Topeak) which only started showing increments at 60psi...??! The gauge was shyte too.

Back