Carbon frame tow bar carrier

Campaghunter

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I am a new to this forum and need some help. I am looking for a tow bar mounted bike rack to carry 3 good carbon framed bikes. I am considering a Thule 929 G6 but am worried about clamping the frame. Happy to clamp the seat posts. Any advice would be welcome as I cannot find anything online that really helps. Bikes are Colnago, Scott Addict and Specialized, all carbon. How do you guys deal with this ? Can't put the bikes in the car or on the roof. Thanks

How about a rack that loads bikes in line with car instead of across it.

Usually these hang off the top of the tailgate and forks clamp to the rack, obviously not good if you have no tailgate and no room inside to carry the wheels.

And you are right by not clamping to the tubes.

can you hang rather than clamp? my tow bar rack is just two fork arms that you dangle the frame off, no clamping required.

Thanks for the responses. I have been told not to hang carbon frames though. Does anyone know of an inline rack where you can clamp the forks ? I have seen these roof mounted but not on a tow bar. Thanks

Given the length you would need surely this is more like a trailer solution rather than a car mount? Plenty of trailer things about samecas roof racks I guess

Latest posts

Back