My first build... Xcpro2

tIB

Senior Retro Guru
Assuming the remaining bits arrive on time Im hoping to put together my first build this week- 20 odd years ago I put my orange p7 together from frame up but had a lot of help from someone in the know... this time around I'm going solo!

So, a bit of an oddment of used and new bits, with a focus on x country: kinesis maxlight xc pro 2 frame, on one carbon forks, FSA sl-k crankset, a mix of sram x9 and x0 shifting and avid elixir brakes.

2016-05-25_06-49-45 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Wish me luck! (And any advice welcome)

Re: My first build...

Waiting on arrival of rear mech, ten speed cassette and bb tool. Chainset didn't come with the wave spring washer either and front IS to post adapter without rear so chasing those up will probably take a while... Oh, and I don't have a chain yet...

Original plan was to harvest bits off my old p7, though a mate of mine has agreed to try out some trail riding so that will become his. Win win!

Not quite, but along those lines... bike gear is my second love!

Pretty much ready to go:

2016-06-11_02-58-52 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Have an x9 rear mech coming that will most likely go on to match up, grips on route too though have a pounds worth of stop gap installed. Might take it out for the firs time tomorrow...

Back