2002 gt idrive 5.0 yeh or neh!!!

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
hi guys, i bought a gt idrive last sunday but dont really know much about them. is there any body out there who has had one and could tell me more. im picking it up this saturday and from what i can remember its in really good condition. the only thing i could see wrong was the rear wheel needs a tweek in the truing department. the bike is a duck egg blue colour with black around the head stock.
i paid £60 for it.

Re:

Is it like this?....

I bought one new, I really liked the I-drive suspension system, quite neat how it works.
Rest of the bike was a bit "meh" to me personally, probably because my bike previous to this had been a nicely specced Orange hardtail and the I-drive 5.0 felt like a move down component wise, and was my first full-sus bike do felt a bit sluggish compared to a hardtail.
In hindsight though it was'nt a bad bike, certainly more capable than a hardtail, if a bit heavier.
Can't grumble for £60 though!
Just check the I-drive bottom bracket housing is working as it should, set the sag for your Wright, and get riding it! :)

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpeg
    downloadfile.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 874
Re:

Yeah it's the same as that, only it's had a single ring fitted up front at sometime. Quite a reserved paint scheme for gt I think! Never the less it still looks good in its condition. Can wait to get my hands on it tomorrow and sort things out

Re:

I bought one new in 1999 but never really got on with it as mine was a lower spec model and weighed a ton which was especially noticeable coming from a fully rigid 1989 Clockwork! Saying that, I sold it to a mate who sold it to another and it's still going strong with minimal maintenance.

Re:

Has it got a hole in the back of the seat tube with a sticker showing minimum seat post insertion? If so,ignore the sticker and insert much more post into the seat tube than it says. I know this from experience as I had two frames fail at this point!
I tried to find a pic of this hole but I couldn't. It's between the two bottle cage mounts.
Kes

Back