Grip installation advice-carbon bars

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Guys, never had carbon bars before and need to install push on grips, any advice as I'm assuming the old hair spray trick isn't advisable here?

Re:

I always used to use hairspray on my old Profile ones that I used for 7-8 years and didn't wreck them.

Re:

You can use lock on grips but don't go mental tightening them, reckon you more like snap the tiny bolts before the bar gets crushed

If the bars are cheap chinese knock iff, the diameter maybe slightly smaller to get weight down so the grips may be loose.

Re:

I had trouble with kcnc foam grips on Easton haven. They just wouldn't stick! Eventually I tried No More Nails and that did the trick. Solvent free, so it shouldn't damage the bars
Kes

Re: Re:

Raging_Bulls":3nns63al said:
Never used hairspray myself. Water has always done the trick for me.

Same, water on, water + screwdriver, off, or WD40 (but then the grips go off faster)

Wrap masking tape sticky side up around the bar(slightly less than size of grip) and pour a little white spirit or acetone into the the grip, cover holes with thumbs and give a shake.
They will slide on a treat.

Once dry they won't slip and the tape is easy to remove if a change of grips is required.

Latest posts

Back