Giant trance 2012 verdict

clyde

Retro Newbie
hi folks
my work colleague is upgrading his Giant trance x4 2012-13 and has offered it to myself for around £550ish, just wondered if anyone think it might be a bit of overkill for myself as I've only went off road a few times mainly down in Glentress i tend to stick with the cycle paths, but it seems good value and thinking it would last as it's got decent running gear. or should i stick with my old Marin b-17, any advice appreciated

Re:

Bit modern for this bit of the forum :LOL:

The Trance is a very capable bike, it might open up new areas for you to ride, maybe overkill for easy cycle tracks but should excel at Glentress.

I'd give it a go.

agree with jimo746, good price, but if you dont like it sell it on. check current prices though on ebay etc as you may be able to get it a tad cheaper?

Depends on the condition, but that is generally a good price for that year by the prices on Ebay. I have an older Trance x3 with tons of upgrades taking it to the x2 spec and above, and it is the identical frame as the top of the range Aluxx one anyway; for what I 'need' it is overkill. Little heavy, but you don't notice riding it.

Guessing the 2012 x4 is exactly the same frame as the X1 too, so a great platform for upgrading when/if needed.

Back