Fox shock spacers and trunnion lockring

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So my second sts build is testing me a touch. I thought I had the right rear shock spacers to fit a retro fox trunnion shock (not from a jekyll), turns out they are mia. I bought some from the bay, taking a punt that x-fusion ones have the same diameter to fit into the shock bush. No dice.

I've searched the net and can't find anywhere that sells them in the size I need: 1.8mm width, 8mm internal diameter and to fit a fox shock. Any ideas where I can get some?

Next up is the trunnion lock ring. The trunnion mount has a grub screw to hold the shock, this was beyond repair and I can't find one in the right size in my box of bits. I've probably got a bolt I can cut down but thought about getting a lock ring to do the job. Again no Internet searching is throwing up a specific fox one other than the jekyll versions which are too large for the smaller threaded shock body of the older shock. I've no idea how or where I can get one, if at all so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Last but not least for now, carbon steerer tube bungs. I've built a reba fork from bits, and one such bit was a csu from a world cup fork. It has a bung fitted into the carbon steerer for the pre-loading of the headset. Ive not had a fork with a carbon steerer before, should this be sitting slightly proud of the steerer? I've no idea how it is held in place but do I simply screw the top cap bolt into it? I was expecting it to be more like the hope head doctor I.e. can he tightened/removed but I guess not. Could anyone shed some light on how these work and any care I should take. Can it/should it be removed?

That's all for now.

Cheers

Spacers, likely need to find a man with a lathe or you may find al tube 8mm i.d. but unlikely to be 1.8 mm wall.

Bung. Post photo be easier to figure it out.

Re:

Here's a pic of the x fusion ones I bought. The smaller diameter ens is too small for the fox bush inside the eye. Would an x fusion bush fit a fox shock eye?

Another issue with the ones I ordered is that the smaller end is also too long so passes past the middle of the eye.

The 1.9mm length of the larger diameter section is probably about .1mm too long.
mq1jLeUzPs8lUOk8rPlXibQ.jpg

Spacer and bushing kit sorted and fitted. Tf tuned strong bush kit solved one part of the dilemma.

Ordered a lock ring online, will report back on whether it fits/works. If it does I know what I need and will try and find something more bling.

Back